Monday, March 25, 2013

Less Complaining, More Explaining

So my last post, while very cathartic for me to write (and complain about what I could), wasn't very informative to how my life is going right now. So I'll try now...
Easy Chemo - So I talked about how this isn't as bad as regular chemo, but not really how. Regular chemo is like a poison that attacks all fast growing cells in your body. This includes cancer cells, hair cells, stomach lining, immune cells, etc. So that's why people going through chemo generally loose their hair and are sick a lot. Herceptin, my easy chemo, isn't like that. It only attacks the cancer cells, because of those great receptors on them. Don't ask me how is does it, but imagine puzzle pieces that only kill what they can attach too. Or, you know, whatever works for you to imagine. So that leaves my hair and most everything that isn't cancer alone, though it does give me a runny nose and a funny taste in my mouth.
Radiation - This is what is going to cause me to loose some of my hair this time. From last time around, they zapped half of my left armpit, so I only have to shave the other half these days. When an area the grows hair gets radiated more than 2 weeks, it will lose any hair that grows in that region. Now they are just doing small areas of radiation on my head, shaping them according to the MRI for where it needs to be. So I won't lose the whole bottom inch of my hair line, but will loose swirls and such. This is a big bummer for me right now, because it is starting to fall out, and I know it won't come back. But the affected areas are on the back of my head, so I won't be able to see the lack of symmetry. Thank goodness, because that would really get to me. And WonderfulHubby said if it really bothered me once it is done falling out we can look into hair plugs. So that was very sweet of him to try and help me feel better like that.
Otherwise the radiation causes some mild swelling in the brain area, so I kinda feel like I have a pressure headache coming on, that never really comes (which is nice, no big headaches). The swelling also causes the nausea I talked about in the last post. This has gotten alot better. I was actually sick last Wednesday or Thursday, and have been okay since then. My stomach is kinda in this middle ground of not being actually happy, but not being actually nauseated. So I'm kinda picky about what I eat, but I'm losing some weight, which is a kinda nice silver lining, but I'd still rather be okay all around.
And the fatigue has hit me full force this weekend. I've been taking naps as I could, and just doing very little else. I am thankful WonderfulHubby understands! I try to make sure the dishes get done, and other than that, the chores that get done are what the kids can do. Thank goodness they are good kids.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm. Try thinking of your bald swirls as a subversive un-mormon tattoo--it's totally body mutilation like those people who get horns installed, except not gross. And if you cut your hair really short, it will look like when people shave things in their hair, except yours will be all natural--okay, as natural as radiation is, so not natural at all--but unique as a plutonium snowflake. Also, I have decided to do something dramatic with my hair, so your bald swirls aren't even going to compare with what I come up with...Yeah, I am competing with your cancer swirls. What?

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, maybe. Actually, one of my friends says it looks kinda like a butterfly. Maybe I could get a really pretty moth tattooed on it, so it matches my regular hair color and it's quite as obvious when I pull my hair up, but still really, really awesome. ;)

      Delete
  2. Anne, I admire your tenacity. It's not easy to go through something like cancer--twice! You are an example to me as I face my challenges. Thank you, and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine use too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine, I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that i have received my herbal medicine so he instructs me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cure my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/   Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed to that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors,Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Meniere's disease , Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer. Alzheimer's disease,Autism,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Generalized dermatitis,Alzheimer's disease,Brain Tumor,Lupus,Endomertil Cancer, cerebrovascular diseases  
    Dementia.Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, HIV /Aids,Brain Tumor, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis  

    ReplyDelete